UPSC IFS Syllabus for the Indian Forest Services Exam 2017 is here. Applicants Preparing for the UPSC Indian Forest Services Examinations can check UPSC IFS Prelims & Mains Syllabus here. Also, find Union Public Service Commission IFS Exam Pattern for Prelims & Mains. Check UPSC IFS 2017 Exam Date, Exam Pattern from below sections provided for the Guidance of the candidates.
UPSC Indian Forest Services Exam Syllabus 2017
The UPSC (Union Public Service Commission is a Central Government Organization authorized to conduct the Indian Forest Sevices, Civil Services Examination, Combined Defence Services Examination, Indian Engineering Services Examination, etc.. Through these Exams, UPSC selects the potential candidates for available Group A & Group B vacancies in various Central Government Organizations. On its selection Process, UPSC has recently published the Forest Services Exam Notification for the year 2017 on 22nd February 2017.
The Indian Forest Service is one of the Civil Services of India. It belongs to the All India Services group with other two all India Services. The other two All India Services apart from IFS are Indian Administrative Service (IAS) and the Indian Police Service (IPS). UPSC IAS Notification has also released recently in the previous month. And now UPSC has come up with the Indian Forest Services Examination Notification for 110 Vacancies. So Candidates looking for the Central Government Jobs can apply for the UPSC IFS Exam and can start their preparation.
Indian Forest Services Syllabus
As the UPSC IFS Notification has been released recently, candidates preparing for the UPSC Jobs now may be searching for the UPSC IFS Syllabus to know the topics that are going to be covered in the UPSC Indian Forest Services Exam 2017. There is no need to search several websites to check the UPSC IF Syllabus. For the Contenders Planning to attend the UPSC IFS Exam, here we are providing the Indian Forest Services Syllabus along with the Exam Pattern. So check the UPSC IFS Exam Syllabus before going to attend the exam.
UPSC IFS Exam Pattern for Prelims & Mains
The UPSC Indian Forest Services Exam is conducted in two successive stages such as Prelims and Mains Exams. The qualified candidates in Preliminary Exam will be allowed to write IFS Mains Examination. In the both stages, the candidates will be asked a different type of questions. So Candidates should check the UPSC IFS Syllabus and Exam Pattern before going to attend the Indian Forest Services Examination 2017.
Indian Forest Services Prelims Exam Pattern
- UPSC Forest Services Preliminary Exam is an Objective type exam.
- It consists of Two Papers.
- Each Paper is conducted for 200 Marks.
- The time allotted for each paper is 2 Hours.
- The Question Paper will be available in both English & Hindi.
- There will be negative marking for each wrong answer.
|Paper-I||General Knowledge||200 Marks||2 Hours|
|2.||Paper-II||General Studies||200 Marks||2 Hours|
UPSC IFS Mains Exam Pattern 2017
- The UPSC IFS Mains Exam will be conducted in Two Parts.
- First part i.e, Part A consists of six papers.
- Among all the Six Papers the first two papers are General English & General knowledge.
- While Remaining Papers are from Optional Subjects. That means you can choose the subject based on your area of interest.
- The all 6 papers consist of conventional Essay Type Questions.
- The UPSC IFS Mains Part B is an Interview. It will be conducted for 300 Marks.
|S.No||Parts||Papers||Subject Name||Max Marks|
|1.||Part A||Paper I||General English||300 Marks|
|2.||Paper II||General Knowledge||300 Marks|
|3.||Paper III||Any 2 Subjects to be selected from the list of optional subjects given below. Each subject will have two papers.||200 Marks|
|4.||Paper IV||200 Marks|
|5.||Paper V||200 Marks|
|6.||Paper VI||200 Marks|
|7.||Part B||Interview for Personality Test||300 Marks|
The List of Optional Subjects
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science.
- Agricultural Engineering.
- Civil Engineering.
- Chemical Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
The following combination of subjects can not be opted by the Candidates applying for the UPSC IFS Exam
- Chemistry and Chemical Engg.
- Agriculture and Agricultural Engg.
- Agriculture and Forestry.
- Mathematics and Statistics.
- Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science.
- Engineering subjects like Agricultural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering‐ not more than one subject.
Brief Details of UPSC Indian Forest Services Examination 2017
Name of the Organization: Union Public Service Commission.
Name of the Exam: Indian Forest Service Exam 2017.
No of Vacancies: 110 Posts.
Job Location: India.
UPSC Official Website: www.upsc.gov.in
Mode of Application: Online.
Last Date to Apply: 17/03/2017.
Download UPSC IFS Syllabus Pdf @ upsc.gov.in
By knowing the UPSC IFS Syllabus you can know the topics from which the questions asked in the Exam. If you know the important topics that are going to be covered in the exam you can plan your preparation accordingly. So for the convenience of the candidates here we are providing the complete UPSC Indian Forest Services Exam Syllabus.
UPSC IFS Prelims Syllabus 2017
Paper-I General Knowledge Syllabus
- General mental ability.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Basic numeracy
- Numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc. (Class X level).
- Data Interpretation (Charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc. – Class X level).
Paper II General Studies Syllabus
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Current events of national and international importance.
- Indian Polity and Governance‐ Political System, Constitution, Panchayati Raj, Rights Issues, Public Policy, etc.
- Economic and Social Development ‐ Sustainable Development, Inclusion, Poverty, Social Secor Initiatives, Demographics, etc.
- Indian and World Geography‐ Social, Physical, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- General Science.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio‐diversity, and Climate Change ‐ that do not require subject specialization.
UPSC IFS Mains Syllabus 2017
General English Syllabus
- The Candidates will be asked to write an Essay in English.
- English test will ontain questions that will test the candidates understanding of English and workmanlike use of words.
- The Passages will usually be set for summary or precis.
UPSC IFS Syllabus for Optional Subjects
Download UPSC IFS Prelims 7 Mains Syllabus 2017 Pdf
You can download the Complete UPSC IFS Syllabus for all Subjects from the below link. Download the UPSC IFS prelims & Mains Syllabus and Prepare well to get the job in Forest Department.